Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Blow Bubbles for Autism

FACES is asking people to join in the third annual "Blow Bubbles for Autism" event.
SUNDAY, APRIL 2
OR
Monday April 3, 2006
April is Autism Awareness Month FACES Autism Support Groups of NJ are ASKING EVERYONE ~especially groups, churches and elementary school classes~ to blow bubbles with your kids! Send your wishes to the skies above for a cure to Autism. Each day, two children are diagnosed with autism in New Jersey. Each bubble will create awareness and be a wish of hope to families of autism. It is proven that positive thoughts can change behaviors, so why not try it? It is based on an old Cherokee custom using butterflies. Please join us if you can...If not, please do it for someone you love. Last year, kids all over the country joined us!!!!Blow bubbles, wear puzzle ribbons, teach kids and adults about autism today! Let us know if you have plans, and we will add you to our bubbles list. Raise money for local autism support groups and national agencies.
For more information, please contact Isabelle FACES Autism Support Groups at 609-822-1735, or facesgroup@comcast.net

3 comments:

ballastexistenz said...

I got here from Autism Hub, and there's no way I'd blow bubbles for a cure. Why not blow bubbles to celebrate our existence, not eliminate it?

Anonymous said...

Gosh.

Based on where I found this blog, I thought you had to accept autism, not want to eradicate it. That's what the grouping was all about...and this looks mightily like a "cure the demons!" advertisement.

Count ME in as insulted. And autistic. And staying that way.

Anonymous said...

I would blow bubbles so that one day, we can be free from discrimination and every person can fully appreciate and accept who they are instead of looking to conform to certain standards put by society. My family never had the hope that I would change to be just like everyone else, because I would be gone and everyone would miss me too much. Their hope and mine was always to be happy as I am throughout my life, and I like being who I am. I don't want a cure, as I would no longer be happy.